Autumn & Winter Lawn Care Advice
The seasons have changed, and the cold seems to have set up camp for a while! It’s a time when not much attention is given to your lawn, but, while you’re snuggled up in front of the fire, your poor lawn is out there in the wind and rain. Here are a few things you can do to look after your lawn during the Autumn season.
- Mowing through winter is important in order to keep the lawn clean & healthy. Sharp blades are essential, this ensures a clean cut (helps to minimise fungal infection), catch clippings and mow when dry. Never cut too short !!!
- Rake up Fallen leaves to minimise shading, if the leaf litter is left on the lawn the underlying grass will become weak giving rise to thinning of desired species.
- Ensure your irrigation systems are turned off, and be sure to have them serviced prior to next season.
- Grass browning off in patches is common sight at this time of year, this could be disease break outs. Fungal sprays curative and prevention are always good practice to keep them healthy.
- Winter fertiliser application will keep the lawns fertility stable over the cooler months.
Look after those lawns, so they stay lush and green for the summer. If you need any advice or help, don’t hesitate to call us.